What information does SAIL collect?
- SAIL may collect your non-personal and personal information anytime you interact with SAIL, such as when you visit the Site, purchase any of SAIL’s products or services online, fill out SAIL’s application form, otherwise contact SAIL, or when SAIL contacts you. SAIL may also collect your personal information from third parties, such as employers and consumer reporting agencies.
- Non-personal information – this refers to information that does not by itself identify you as a specific individual.
- For example, non-personal information may include (without limitation):
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the last website visited by a user before visiting www.sailloans.com.
- Which URL a user goes to after visiting www.sailloans.com.
- What browser a user is using.
- A user’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- A user’s device type, browser type, screen resolution and operating system.
- Cookies – pieces of information which a web server may place on a user’s computer or other device when a user visits a website to facilitate the user’s Internet session, to maintain security and to improve the user’s experience.
- Personal information – this refers to information that can be associated with you and could be used to identify you.
How does SAIL use your information?
- For example, personal information may include (without limitation):
- Mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Social security number
- Account balances
- Credit card information
- Transaction and financial information
- Payment history
- Employment information
- Creditworthiness and credit history information
- Bank account information
SAIL may use your non-personal and personal information for the following purposes from time to time:
Does SAIL share your information?
- To provide you with access to the Site, services, and products.
- To enhance the operation of the Site, service and process your transaction(s), improve SAIL’s marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze Site use, improve SAIL’s service and product offerings, and customize the Site’s content, layout, and services.
- To detect and prevent fraud and for account authentication purposes.
- To deliver information to you and contact you regarding administrative notices.
- To market our services and products to you.
- Any other purpose that is permitted by law.
How can you share information about your www.sailloans.com experience on social media sites?
- SAIL may share your non-personal and personal information described above from time to time with SAIL’s Affiliates (as defined below) and Non-Affiliates (as defined below) as permitted by law, such as (without limitation) for SAIL’s business and marketing purposes, servicing and processing your transaction(s), sending you informational, marketing and promotional content, maintaining and servicing your account(s), reporting to credit bureaus, and responding to court orders and legal investigations.
- SAIL may share your non-personal and personal information described above from time to time with Non-Affiliates pursuant to a Joint Marketing Agreement (as defined below).
- SAIL may share your non-personal and personal information described above from time to time with SAIL’s Affiliates for SAIL’s Affiliates’ everyday business purposes and marketing purposes.
- SAIL may share your non-personal and personal information described above from time to time with Non-Affiliates so that they can market services and products to you.
- SAIL may share your non-personal information described above from time to time with Non-Affiliates so that they can enable SAIL to verify your identity by registering and remembering devices associated with your account for purposes of fraud detection and prevention.
How can you limit sharing of your personal information?
- SAIL may offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and others. Please note that if you share information with these third party social media sites, different rules may apply to their use and/or sharing of the information you provide them.
You can limit sharing of your personal information for the following purposes:
- Sharing for SAIL’s Affiliates to market services and/or products to you;
- Sharing for Non-Affiliates to market services and/or products to you; and
- Sharing information about your creditworthiness for SAIL’s Affiliates’ everyday business purposes.
If you wish to limit sharing of your personal information for any or all of the three above-described purposes, please contact us:
When does SAIL begin sharing your personal information?
- By calling 833.700.7245 – our menu will prompt you through your choice(s); or
- By writing a letter to: SAIL Loans, 2400 East Devon Avenue, Suite 300, Des Plaines, Illinois 60018.
How does SAIL safeguard your personal information?
How can you limit the collection and use of some of your non-personal information?
- SAIL understands the importance of protecting your personal information. SAIL maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law to protect your personal information.
- You have the ability to control how some of your non-personal information is collected and used online by controlling whether to accept cookies. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to disable cookies, but, if you do so, please note that you will not be able to apply for a loan on the Site or access or use your online account. If you prefer not to receive personalized ads from third party advertisers, you can opt-out of some network advertising programs by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Affiliates – companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- Lender’s Affiliates include (without limitation) retailers and other lenders.
- Non-Affiliates – companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- Non-Affiliates may include (without limitation) companies engaged in direct marketing and selling of consumer products and services.
- Joint Marketing Agreement – a formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Effective Date: November 10, 2021